Review: High FidelitySubmitted by ryandonovan at 2000-04-28 12:01:24 EDT
Rating: -0.4 on 6 ratings (6 reviews) (Review this item) (V)
HIGH FIDELITY REVIEW
I am very unoriginal, and incapable of independent thought. 100% of my opinions come from pop culture, majority public opinion, and Entertainment Weekly. In light of that, I will not challenge my mind and attempt to write a movie review that is witty, fresh, or intelligent. So, in the spirit of the film, here is my review of High Fidelity, in the form of Top 5 Lists:
TOP 5 THINGS I LIKED ABOUT "HIGH FIDELITY"
1. Same old reliable John Cusack character (see also below)
2. Catherine Zeta-Jones... Michael Douglas will be shocked when he finds out she's carrying my baby
3. Set in Chicago... fuck London
4. How there were always many things going on in his life at one time... surprisingly true to real life
5. Jack Black... he's a funny motherfucker
TOP 5 THINGS I DISLIKED ABOUT "HIGH FIDELITY"
1. Same old reliable John Cusack character (see also above)
2. Not enough Catherine Zeta-Jones
3. No Catherine Zeta-Jones naked
4. Pining over bitches in the rain... it's old hat
5. Iben Hjejle, the poor man's Robin Wright... I guess she wasn't that bad, but several things about her annoyed me. God-awful hair. Phony accent. And zits that mysteriously moved around on her face in the same scene.
Overall, it was enjoyable. The scene where Cusack kicks the piss out of Tim Robbins is some funny shit. The film could have used Cusack's Evanstonian hometown chum, Jeremy Piven, though.